I blame all of the talk about Duran Duran in the Monday Poll comments on this makeup. I was going for colorful and modern with copper and plum lids, but I think I may have ended up unintentionally recreating the ’80s instead.
(While we’re at it, would someone please pass me a pair of big-@ss shoulder pads and a bottle Aqua Net, STAT?)
That’s the Urban Decay Naked Ultraviolet Palette on my lids again, by the way. Marcia asked in the comments last week what I think of it, and ya know…I have mixed feelings.
The purples are easy to blend, and they’re just different enough to be able to create a variety of violet looks with them, which is cool! As for the powder blue highlight shade (Lucid)? It’s surprisingly versatile (and beautiful) as an inner corner highlighter and to mix with other purples, but the warm, orange and copper tones are kind of a challenge to work with. I totally get that UD was going for a purposeful clash with the orange and purple, but they’re a little too disjointed to put the two against each other.
The orange undertones are a tad *too* warm for my taste, which I found out in the makeup I’m wearing here. I struggled to smoothly transition the copper into the plum, as there are a couple of “bridge” colors missing, it seems. The addition of something like MAC Saddle or Soft Brown would’ve made the whole thing a little easier.
Speaking of Duran Duran…what’s your favorite song? Here’s mine!
The Reflex (na-nah-nah-nah!)
Makeup worn in this look
- Urban Decay Naked Ultraviolet Palette
- Laura Mercier Caviar Mascara
- MAC Teddy Eye Kohl
- It Cosmetics Brow Powerfull in Universal Taupe
- MAC Brow Set in Clear
- Neutrogena Radiant Setting Spray Healthy Skin
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Hyaluronic Hydrating Primer
- First Aid Beauty Pores Be Gone Matte Primer
- MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF15 in NC42
- MAC Strobe Cream in Pinklite
- MAC Gingerly Blush
- Estee Lauder Doublewear 24HR Hydraprep Concealer
- MAC Would Rather Lounge Lipgloss
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,